Loknayak Jai Prakash Institute of Technology, (Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of Bihar) is organizing Hackathon #Code4Bihar to give a platform to programmers, designers, and every one technical wizard to showcase their talent on software projects.
The purpose of conducting #Code4Bihar is meant to bring technical wizards together and have them build something technically impressive. Hopefully, participants will learn something new, meet new people, and have a good time in the process.
- Students from all over INDIA can register for the event
- No Registration FEE
- Limited Seats
- No Eligibility Criteria
- Individual and Group Participantion both are allowed
- Maximum Group Size: 3 Members
- In case of any dispute, Organising Committee decision will be Last and Final.
- No travel or accommodation reimbursement will be given for this Hackathon.
- Participation is on first cum, first served basis. Once seats are fulfilled, registration will close without any prior notice.
- From one college only 3 groups can participate.
1. Do I need to have any specific qualifications to be a participant for the Hackathon 2019?
- If you love to code, you are more than welcome to participate in the Hackathon
2. Do all members of the team need to be from the same college?
- No, you are allowed to form your own independent team.
3. Do we need to have the entire idea fully working?
- The entire idea need not be fully implemented, however the submission should be functional, so that it can be reviewed by the judges.
4. Faculties can participate in this Hackathon?
- No, only students (with valid student ID card) are allowed to participate.
5. What do you mean by the word No eligibility criteria?
- Students from any college, any branch can participate. But, it will be good for them if they have prior programming knowledge.
6. Who owns the IP right for Hackathon outcomes?
- Participants are the owners of IP related to their ideas and expertise outcome. However, organizing committee can use the material generated by participants for the promotional purpose of the event.
HACKATHON 2019 #Code4Bihar Theme
Human Trafficking | Pothole Detection | Health Sector
Human Trafficking is modern-day slavery. Two principal causes for trafficking are poverty, which lead to exploitation, and criminality. Generally, agents give them tempting offers of money or having urban lifestyle and then they do trading. As per govt. report, 2700 person trafficked annually from Bihar.
A hole in the surface of the road that is formed due to regular traffic, bad weather or use of cheap quality material at time of construction is termed as Pothole. Nearly one third of road crashes, injuries and death happens because of bad road and pothole. The problem increases, especially during monsoons.